Patsavas, Alexandra. (Producer). Katz, Paul. (Producer). (2008) Twilight Soundtrack [CD]. Chop Shop/Atlantic Records. 12 tracks, 45:30 min.
1. “Supermassive Black Hole” by Muse 3:31
2. “Decode” by Paramore 4:21
3. “Full Moon” by The Black Ghosts 3:50
4. “Leave Out All the Rest” by Linkin Park 3:19
5. “Spotlight” (Twilight Mix) by Mutemath 3:20
6. “Go All the Way (Into the Twilight)” by Perry Farrell 3:27
7. “Tremble for My Beloved” by Collective Soul 3:53
8. “I Caught Myself” by Paramore 3:55
9. “Eyes on Fire” by Blue Foundation 5:01
10. “Never Think” by Robert Pattinson 4:29
11. “Flightless Bird, American Mouth” by Iron & Wine 4:02
12. “Bella’s Lullaby” by Carter Burwell 2:20
This is a fabulous soundtrack that has twelve tracks from popular music artists such as Muse and Paramore. One of the tracks is done by Carter Burwell who composed the score for the Twilight movie. Another track is done by Robert Pattinson himself. The collection of songs is fantastic. Each song was chosen for a scene that fits perfectly with what is happening in the movie. There is an upbeat song for when the Cullens are playing baseball, a quiet romantic song in the background for when Bella and Edward are eating dinner, and a soft love song for when Bella and Edward are slow dancing at the prom. It is easy to picture the different scenes from the movie when listening to the soundtrack. There is a good assortment of artists and songs on this album that is sure to appeal to young adults, especially those who are fans of the Twilight movie.
The Twilight soundtrack is the official music for the 2008 film Twilight. The soundtrack was chosen by music supervisor Alexandra Patsavas and help from Paul Katz. The album was released on November 4, 2008 by Patsavas’ Chop Shop label in conjunction with Atlantic Records. The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 and sold about 165,000 copies in its first week of release.
Twilight is the best-selling theatrical movie soundtrack in the United States since Chicago. Both the soundtrack and the lead single, “Decode” by Paramore, were nominated for the 2010 Grammy Awards.
Why I included this CD:
Young adults love the movie, so I thought they would like the soundtrack too. It has some really good artists on it.